Excel to JSON is a Microsoft Excel add-in which can convert Excel to JSON.
This add-in works with Excel 2013(or higher) and Excel Online.
- Get it from Office Store link https://store.office.com/app.aspx?assetid=WA104380263
- Click on the above link and, in the top right corner, click Sign in.
- Type the email address and password you use with Office/Microsoft.
- Click on the “add” button after login.
- The next page you will see will show that you have successfully added this add-in to your account.
- Now go to Excel 2013/2016 or Excel Online.
- If you use Excel 2013/2016 , in the top right corner, click Sign in.
- Type the email address and password you use with Office/Microsoft。
- If you use Excel Online, login Excel Online using your Office/Microsoft account.
- Insert Tab > My Add-ins.
- In the Add-ins for Office box, find “Excel-to-JSON”. If you don’t see it, verify that you’re signed into Office. Press Refresh to update the list.
- Double-click the add-in to start it.
- Now you are ready to use this add-in.
Note that you should select at least two rows as the first row will be considered as header.
- Prepare your Excel sheet
- Select data you'd like to convert
- In the Excel-to-JSON add-in, check the conversion type you'd like to use
- Regarding conversion type, check here.
- Click on "Go" button
- You will later see the converted JSON below the "Go" button
- Later you can "copy+paste" / "copy to clipboard" / "save as" JSON and save it to your computer